Cosmetic eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, restoring firmness to the area surrounding the eyes and making you look more rested and alert. Specifically, eyelid surgery can treat:
• Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or hides the natural contour of the upper eyelid
• Excess skin that hangs down from the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
• Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids
• Bags under the eyes
• Droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris
• Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
An incision within the natural crease of the upper eyelid allows access to remove excess skin, muscle and underlying fatty tissue. Using an incision inside the lower eyelid, fat is removed or redistributed and the muscle is modified to correct a baggy lower eyelid if present. An incision just below the lower lash line allows excess skin to be removed. Laser resurfacing may be used to smooth lower lid skin.
Bruising should subside in 5-10 days and swelling should subside in 2-4 weeks. Final results may appear in 1-2 months. Incision lines will continue to refine and fade for 1 year.
Interested in learning more? Call 212-570-0707 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Elahi.
Staff at Fifth Avenue Associates look forward in helping you book your appointment.
For contact details and patient forms please click below.
Your gift can help Virtue Foundation tackle critical issues and make a positive impact around the globe.
Click here to view and listen to the latest Fifth Avenue Associates audio/Video Clips