Often as people get older the cheeks, eyelids, lower face and neck begin to sag and lose volume. Loss of volume in the cheek area causes the folds / lines seen around the nose to the corner of the mouth (called the nasolabial folds) to deepen and as everything sags down so does the lower eyelids, jowls and neck. One non-surgical technique though very dependant on the skin laxity is Thermage.
During a Thermage® procedure, radiofrequency heat penetrates deep into the skin to create tiny wounds. In response, the skin acts to repair those wounds, which leads to the remodeling of collagen and elastin, resulting in tighter, more youthful appearing skin. Because the laser penetrates the skin with a surfacing cooling technique, it leaves much of the skin intact, leading to faster healing times than more traditional ablative treatments like CO2 laser treatments. It usually takes from 20-90mins depending on the size of the treatment area and requires no downtime.
• Return to your normal activities
• Apply cosmetics immediately following treatment
• No recovery time
• Tighter, smoother and more youthful feeling skin
• Requirement varies for each individual ----
- A single treatment produces good results in a significant number of patients.
• May not be required as recently published studies conducted by Thermage show measurable tightening improvements appear gradually over 2 to 6 months after a single treatment session
What are the side effects of a Thermage procedure?
As with all medical cosmetic procedures, some side effects may occur but should only last 2-5 days. The most common side effects are (side effects may vary):
• Increased sensitivity or soreness
• Lumps/Bumps --
Interested in learning more? Call 212-570-0707 today to book a consultation with Dr. Elahi.
Book your appointment online instantly.
The doctors and staff of Fifth Avenue Associates look forward to caring for you.
Orbitofacial plastic surgery practice, utilizing non surgical cosmetic procedures & surgical treatments.
Your gift can help Virtue Foundation tackle critical issues and make a positive impact around the globe.
Click here to view and listen to the latest Fifth Avenue Associates audio/Video Clips